Saturday 2 July 2016

Ryan Giggs Quits Manchester United After 29 Years

After 29 year of serving Manchester United, legend Ryan Giggs bows out. In his departure statement,he said, “I am backing Mourinho to succeed at Manchester United and i am also thanking Sir Alex Ferguson and Louis van Gaal for their influence on my career” but he failed to mention David Moyes.


The 42-year-old also confirmed that the next stage of his career was to become a manager.
Announcing his decision to leave, Giggs said; “After 29 seasons at Manchester United as a player and assistant manager, I know winning is in the DNA of this Club - giving youth a chance, and playing attacking and exciting football”.

“It’s healthy to have high expectations, its right to expect to win. Manchester United expects and deserves nothing less”.

'This is why it is a huge decision for me to step away from the Club that has been my life since the age of 14. It has not been a decision that I have made lightly. I'll take away so many special memories as well as a lifetime of experiences that will, I hope, serve me well in the future.


“However, the time feels right and although I have no immediate plans to step into management, it is where I want to be”.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not represent or reflect the views of nnamdi nemdy, thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...